The Appointment Group Ltd, The Appointment Group Llc, The Appointment Group Pty Ltd, The Appointment Group Pte, Ltd, and its trading divisions: TAG Global Corporate Travel, TAG Global Touring, TAG Global Events, TAG Global Private Clients, TAG Global Film and Media, and TAG Global Sports, hereon forth referred to as “TAG” respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the personal information that you share with us. Generally, you can browse through our website without giving us any information about yourself. When we do need your personal information to provide services that you request or when you choose to provide us with your personal information, this policy describes how we collect and use your personal information.
By visiting http://www.appointmentgroup.com/ you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is The Appointment Group Ltd of The Linen House, 253 Kilburn Lane, London W10 4BQ, UK.
Personal information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, email address, a home, postal or other physical address, other contact information, title, birth date, gender, occupation, industry, personal interests, financial and credit card information and other information when needed to provide a service you requested.
Information we collect about you
When you browse our website, you do so anonymously. We don’t automatically collect personal information, including your email address. We do log technical information, including your IP address (the Internet address of your computer, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform) to give us an idea of which part of our website you visit and how long you spend there. This includes, the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number. We do not link your IP address to any personal information unless you have logged in to our website.
Information you give us
TAG collects personal information when you:
- register with TAG for a TAG account,
- use certain TAG products or services or place an order,
- register to attend a seminar,
- participate in an online survey,
- ask to be included in an email or other mailing list,
- participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our sites,
- submit an entry for a sweepstake or other promotions,
- report any problems with our sites,
- submit your personal information to TAG for any other reason by filling in forms on our sites or by corresponding with by telephone, e-mail or otherwise.
Information we receive from other sources
From time to time, TAG receives personal information from any of our other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies or vendors) and may receive information about you from them. TAG only uses such information if it has been collected in accordance with acceptable privacy practices consistent with this Policy and applicable laws.
Like many other commercial websites, the TAG website may use a standard technology called a “cookie” to collect information about how you use the site. Please go to “Cookies and Tracking Information” below for more information.
How We Use Information Collected
TAG uses information you give us for several general purposes:
- to fulfil your requests for certain products and services and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts between you and us,
- to personalise your experience on our website and ensure the content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer,
- to keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers or other information we think you’d like to hear about either from us or from our business partners (if you have consented to this),
- to better understand your needs and provide you with better services,
- to notify you about changes to our services.
We may also use your information to send you, or to have our business partners send you, direct marketing information or contact you for market research (if you have consented to this).
TAG uses information we collect about you to:
- verify compliance with the agreement, log software licenses granted, to track software downloaded from those pages, or track usage of other applications available on those pages.
- administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- keep our site safe and secure;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
TAG may use information we receive from other sources to combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
When personal information is collected, we will inform you at the point of collection the purpose for the collection. TAG will not transfer your personal information to third parties without your consent, except under the limited conditions described under the discussion entitled “Information Sharing and Disclosure” below.
We will always give you the opportunity to “opt out” to us processing your information and to receiving direct marketing or market research information. This means we assume you have given us your consent to collect and use your information in accordance with this Policy unless you take affirmative action to indicate that you do not consent, for instance by clicking or checking the appropriate option or box at the point of collection. In some cases, when applicable, we will provide you with the opportunity to “opt in.” This means we will require your affirmative action to indicate your consent before we use your information for purposes other than the purpose for which it was submitted. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the contact details in the ‘Questions or Suggestions’ section below.
Where we store you data
If you choose to provide us with your personal information, we may only transfer that information, within TAG or to TAG‘s third party service providers with your permission. Upon receiving your permission, we may transfer and store your information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world, including outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Your personal information is never shared outside TAG (or any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006) without your permission, except under conditions explained below.
TAG may send your personal information to other companies or people under any of the following circumstances:
- when we have your consent to share the information;
- we need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- we need to send the information to companies or suppliers who work on behalf of TAG to provide a product or service to you (we will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose);
- we want to keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers or other information we think you’d like to hear about either from us or from our business partners (unless you have opted out of these types of communications).
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If TAG or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Children and Privacy
Our websites do not target and are not intended to attract children under the age of 15. TAG does not knowingly solicit personal information from children under the age of 15 or send them requests for personal information.
Third Party Sites
TAG ‘s website contains links to other sites. Some of these third-party sites may be co-branded with a TAG logo, even though they are not operated or maintained by TAG. TAG does not share your personal information with those websites and is not responsible for their privacy practices. Although we choose our business partners carefully, we do not accept liability for their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of those companies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Questions or Suggestions
If you have questions, comments, requests or concerns about our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, please contact us online or write to The Appointment Group Ltd – Global Services at The Linen House, 253 Kilburn Lane, London W10 4BQ, UK.
For further information or advice please contact TAG via email at email@example.com or call 0208 962 6714 and ask for the Head of Marketing.
Please note that some companies/suppliers on our website do not have all of the accreditations below and you should check the booking conditions for details of any applicable membership information and numbers. For The Appointment Group:
ABTA -> Association of British Travel Agents helps passengers to get the most from their travel and assist them when things do not go according to plan.
As a UK Travel Association, only The Appointment Group Ltd has an ABTA number and this is F2129. You can find more information about ABTA at www.abta.com.
ATOL -> Air Travel Organiser’s Licence protects passengers when they book a holiday with a UK travel company.
Only The Appointment Group Private Clients holds a licence and the licence number is 10641. You can find more information about ATOL at www.caa.co.uk/atol-protection
IATA -> International Air Transport Association (IATA) is the global trade association for the airline industry. IATA accreditation is a seal of approval recognized worldwide. We are committed to working with all travel agencies to improve customer service and choice.
The Appointment Group Ltd has an IATA number and this is 91215445.
The Appointment Group Pty Ltd has an IATA number and this is 0236357.
The Appointment Group Llc has one IATA number per US office they are: Los Angeles – 05713186, New York – 33667572, Atlanta – 11584020, Nashville – 44528724.
The Appointment Group PTE. LTD. has an IATA number and this is 32-3 08522.
You can find more information about IATA at www.iata.org
IATAN -> The International Airlines Travel Agent Network is an industry association in the USA designed to represent the interests of its member companies.
Only The Appointment Group Llc has one number per US office they are: Los Angeles – 05713186, New York – 33667572 and Atlanta – 11584020, Nashville – 44528724. You can find more information about IATAN at www.iatan.org
ARC-> Airlines Reporting Corporation (ARC) is a leading technology solutions company providing the U.S. based travel industry with world-class business products, travel agency accreditation services, process and financial management tools, and powerful data analytics.
Only The Appointment Group Llc is an ARC licence holder It licence is associated with its IATA numbers as indicated above. You can find more information about ARC at www.arccorp.com