DMC – Destination Management Company Services
Our DMC Destination Management Company services provide a passionate and innovative incoming service for groups and individuals travelling to Manchester and the United Kingdom from overseas.
We pride ourselves on a personal and bespoke service, be your visit for an Incentive, Business Tourism, Sporting or Leisure. We are appointed as the preferred DMC partner for the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce continually working on their behalf for inward groups, delegations and trade missions. We also provide unique programmes for incentive reward high achievers, corporate sponsors and media groups.
Who We Are
The Appointment Group is an award winning sports travel and event management company, dedicated to clients around the clock from offices in Manchester, London, New York, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Singapore, Sydney and Melbourne.
The Appointment Group operates in several specialist departments; TAG Global Sports, TAG Global Corporate Travel, TAG Global Touring, TAG Global Events, TAG Global Private Clients and TAG Film and Media. For over 25 years, The Appointment Group has been providing a vast array of exceptional quality services from each of these brands.
What is a Destination Management Company?
A Destination Management Company (DMC) is a professional services company that possesses extensive local knowledge, expertise and resources. The company specialises in pooling these resources into the implementation of events, activities, transportation, tours and program logistics.
The Appointment Group Sports DMC Department provides bespoke services for Sponsor Groups, VIP Guests, Supporter Groups, Teams/Athletes and Business Tourism Groups. We provide unique Sports Training Break Programmes, giving access to exclusive, high quality venues within Manchester, the City of Sport.
Manchester is one of the fastest growing cities in the UK. It is a world-renowned sports destination and since the 2002 Commonwealth Games, the city took its rightful place as the UK’s Capital of Sport.
Manchester is home to two of the most famous football teams in the world in Manchester United and Manchester City. Manchester also boasts the iconic National Football Museum. However, football is not the only sport that the city has to offer. It is also home to The National Cycling Centre, The National Taekwondo Centre, Manchester National Squash Centre, Manchester Regional Arena, Manchester Tennis Centre, Manchester Regional Hockey Centre, Manchester Regional Gymnastics Centre, Manchester Aquatics Centre, Sale Sharks Rugby Union Team and Lancashire CCC.
From this list it is easy to understand that Manchester has the capacity to offer an unrivalled sporting experience for all groups wishing to visit the city.
Due to The Appointment Group’s extensive global network, we have been able to nurture and develop long standing relationships with leading airline, hotel and ground transportation companies. This will ensure that when using our DMC services, clients will achieve maximum return on investment whilst receiving a truly world class service.
As a part of our Sports DMC offering, we provide:
- Transportation, including VIP luxury coaches, executive coaches and cars, limousines, and shuttle services as well as team coach, kit van and support vehicles
- A wide variety of hotels and accommodation, ranging from luxury five star properties to budget accommodation as well as Premium Boutique properties and apartments to suit the needs of all visitors to the city
- We have access to hundreds of venues across the city and with our expertise in the field we know we can find the perfect venue for your event. On top of access to leading sporting venues, we can also provide exhibition halls, galleries, Cathedrals and Churches and exclusive venues
- Kit and equipment management, oversized baggage clearance, pre airport departure point planning.
- We take great pride in our ever increasing knowledge surrounding the growing world of youth sports. We count our clients amongst professional club academies, junior sports clubs and overseas competitive teams and athletes. Our products provide a focused approach to quality coaching, development, nurturing and competition. We make sure to align ourselves with leaders and experts in their individual sporting field.
- Training ground and competition preparation facilities
- Food and beverage management, including diet and staff briefing
- Foreign guide, translator and translation services
- Meet and greet and on site project management services
- Police and security liaison
Due to our knowledge, experience and buying power, using a Destination Management Company is beneficial in many ways:
- Although the internet is a superb tool for providing information on a destination, local knowledge and expertise are irreplaceable. The Appointment Group’s highly experienced Sports DMC team are able to prepare the most cost effective and enjoyable trips for a wide variety of clientele.
- The availability of an experienced, on-site project manager will allow you to focus your attention on the other aspects of your trip, alleviating the organisational stress.
- The Appointment Group’s relationships with a global network of suppliers means that we are able to obtain the best available rates with hotel vendors, airlines and ground transportation companies alike.
- Creative ideas for special events, team-building and those challenging situations.
- Plan and manage logistical elements of all group movements including safety concerns, timing requirements, service level and financial consideration.